Recipe and photo credit Southern Living
- 1 pound ground hot pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups frozen cubed hash browns
5 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 3/4 cups milk
1 cup all-purpose baking mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Toppings: picante sauce or green hot sauce, sour cream
Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
How To Prepare:
- Cook sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until meat crumbles. Stir in hash browns, and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and potatoes are lightly browned. Drain mixture on paper towels; spoon into a greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.Bake, covered with nonstick foil, at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and let stand 5 minutes. Serve with desired toppings. Garnish, if desired.
- Stir together eggs, cheese, and next 4 ingredients; pour evenly over sausage mixture, stirring well. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Ideas to Make Your Fathers Day Brunch A Memorable One:
- 1. Have the kids be waiters and waitresses and serve mom and dad in bed or the dining room with good china.
- 2. Create placemats that have the kids hand prints, names and add why they love dad on the placemat. You can laminate for a keepsake to use over again.
- 3. Let the kids pick flowers from the garden for the table or over bed table.
- 4. Let the kids each write dad a letter about an event they did together.
- 5. Make a "We love Dad Because...... banner and hang over the family table
- 6. Take a family walk or hike together after your brunch.
- 7. Create a question jar and put questions on small slips of paper for the kids to ask Dad about his family, childhood, career, growing up etc.
- 8. Just have fun as a family on this day spend it with each other and make each other feel special.
- Find more ideas by searching online via Google or Pinterest. Our Mommies Network Board "Daddy Love" link is below.
Follow The Mommies Network's board Daddy Love! on Pinterest.