The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Social Media Saturday:Foursquare "Just Checking In" #socialmedia #mommiesnetwork



Foursquare is a free app that helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. Share and save your experiences at the places you visit and get personalized recommendations for where to go. If you like keeping up with your friends and family, this app is a great way to do it. It is also a great way for the bad guys to figure out that you are not home, so careful to not check in everywhere you go or make it look very obvious that your entire household is gone and your house is a thief hotspot.

I love this app since I commute to work and drive an hour to my destination. I can check in various stops along my route and when I get to work. My husband has the app on his iPhone also and can see just where I am and that I made it to work safely. Thus ending the need to call him all the time and tell him I made it to work. If something might happen to me on the way traveling alone or even with kids in the car, I have a gps location of where I was last. It will also link to Twitter and Facebook if I so choose to link my checkins that day. My mother does like to check Facebook to make sure I made it safely to work too (yes even grown girls have moms that still worry). 
You can turn on and off all the notifications if you don't want to know all your friends check ins when they go to bed or the bathroom (yes I have friends that actually check in on the throne) lol.
Businesses can use Foursquare for marketing, sharing specials with patrons who check in and for promotional activities. Large or small business can use this great tool in their promotions toolbox to lead potential customers right to their door or website. 

Foursquare is growing as a social media marketing top spot, here you can see that even in 2011 it was on the way up. In 2013 it has grown even more. Follow us on Foursquare via @MommiesNetwork .


Enjoy and see you online! Check in and say hi, I am on Foursquare also via @BlockmomNC


No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !