The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Thursday, May 23, 2013

All Bears Need Love...Book Review and Giveaway


When Baby Brown Bear arrives at City Zoo, all alone and very frightened, Mama Polar Bear scoops him into her arms and promises to be his mother.






Thus begins the tale of a mama bear fielding some common, and sometimes thoughtless, questions about raising an adopted child. With patience and a mother's love, she responds to each, with an unexpected surprise at the end.

Inspired by her own family's adoption story, Tanya Valentine weaves a yarn that reminds us all what really matters ... that all bears need love. Delightfully illustrated by Adam Taylor, parents and children alike will want to read this book over and over.

My children enjoy this tale, similar in structure to another favorite by Rudyard Kipling about an elephant asking many questions. I like that it helps me reinforce, in a fun and accessible way, the important message that love is what makes a family.

Available in paperback on Amazon, signed paperback on etsy, and e-book app, All Bears Need Love is sure to become our new go-to Gotcha Day present.



Ready to spread some love? Tanya will send a signed copy of All Bears Need Love to one lucky reader. Comment below to be entered into our random drawing. One entry per person, please.


12 comments :

  1. I love the story behind the book. We show lots of love in our family and this book would be a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet idea for a story. I would love to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virgina, you have won a copy of the book! Congrats, please email me your address so we can get the book out to you in the mail. socialmedia@themommiesnetwork.org

      Delete
  3. will def like to read this book to my little one. first time mom!

    !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to read this book to my daughter's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that there are more and more great adoption books. I would love to read this to our little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just brought home our Ugandan son 2 weeks ago- I would love to win this to read with him!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister is adopted- I wish that this book had been around 23 years ago for us! I'd love to read it to her son (and mine!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok comments for giveaway closed with 8 participants, using random.org will generate a winner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Virginia! Thanks so much to Leslie and The Mommies Network for sharing my little book. And thanks to everyone for all the sweet comments and participating in the contest! Please swing by the FB page and say hello! www.facebook.com/AllBearsNeedLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy. I can't wait to read it to my 3 little ones. Thank you so much for giving a copy away. I will do a review on my mommy blog and spread the love and the word. <3 Grateful!

      Delete

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !