The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Saturday, March 30, 2013

How can you make a difference today? A Letter From The Heart...




March 2013

To our amazing members and volunteers,

Hi, my name is Heather Fortune and I am the President and Founder of The Mommies Network.

I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to you (if we have not met yet!) and thank you for the work you do to bring the mission of The Mommies Network to your community through your chapter.

It’s been nearly eleven years since my friend and I started CharlotteMommies here in Charlotte, North Carolina. My daughter Caroline was six months old and I was experiencing post partum depression – the only problem was – I had no idea! I thought that something was wrong with me. I had dreamed my whole life of having a little girl and staying home to be her mom and everything I had ever hoped for was here – only I was completely miserable.

I loved my daughter so much – but I missed having grown-up friends. I missed talking about current events and learning new things. Pre-baby, I had stepped back from my job as an insurance broker to work on special projects for the company part-time while I worked toward my Master’s Degree in Literature. I spent my mornings programming rate sheets and my evenings discussing the merits of Shakespeare. My sweet, dream-come-true daughter had recently learned to say “Mama” and while that was music to my ears, it just wasn’t quite the same!

So I did the only thing I knew to do – I went online! Yes, I was one of those nerds who had adopted the world wide web early in the nineties and had already realized its great capability for connecting people together. Surely, I thought, there were other moms like me in Charlotte, who wanted to do SOMETHING besides sit around all day, right?

After a short time utilizing a Yahoo! Group, I met my friend Heidi and we decided to join forces and build CharlotteMommies. The first few months were busy with distributing flyers and spreading the word in every way we could. We watched our numbers slowly grow and realized that there truly WAS a need for this network in our city. But more importantly, we realized that together, as a network, we could give BACK to our city – to make a real difference in our community – in a way that, on our own, we might not be able to do.

Through this extended realization, we developed our mission:
Quote:
To provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders.


Today, almost eleven years later, I look at what our network has become and I am truly proud of all of the many accomplishments that we, as mothers, have made, together. I see this amazing group of women who have come together because they want to be a better mom or to find some way to give back to their community and I am inspired!

We have grown so much in the past eleven years. We now support nearly thirty thousand mothers in seventy-five local chapters across the country, as well as at our National Chapter.

Together, I feel we can do more. I know that with the strength of our network, we can truly change the world, one family, one neighborhood, one community at a time! And I believe that it is through our network that we will find those moms who are willing to step up, see something in their world that needs to be changed, and do what it takes to make the difference.

We want to help you make that difference!

How can you make a difference today?

Locally:
Our chapters are the place where moms can come together, find support and encouragement from other mothers and get plugged in to their local community. Our local chapters provide immeasurable support for our members with a wide array of support groups and planned activities. Moms who are interested in meeting new friends, who enjoy planning events and activities and who are looking for real leadership opportunities should contact us to find out more about our chapter’s needs.

Nationally:
Our National chapter not only supports mothers in the country who do not have a local chapter available to them, but it is also the birthplace of all of our new TMN chapters. Mothers from around the country want to have a Mommies Network chapter in their community and we do all that we can to help them provide that. From training to mentoring, content creation and social media promotion, moms who want to give back with their professional skills from home have plenty of opportunities at the National level. Check out our open positions here – or contact us and let us know what you are interested in and we’ll match you with your dream role!

Or….




Maybe you are one of
THOSE mommies.

You know.

The ones that have
BIG IDEAS.

The ones that just CAN’T not notice the
BIG BIG PROBLEM in their family,
in their community, in their world.

The ones who aren’t just content to sit back and wait
for SOMEONE ELSE to make a change.

The ones who ARE THE CHANGE.

If you are one of these mommies? Guess what? The Mommies Network wants to hear from YOU! TMN is always looking for ways to improve our members’ experiences and to find new and creative ways to support moms across the country. There are MILLIONS of things we can do, but we need the MOMS to do it!

Bring us your GREAT IDEAS and let’s find out how we can work together to make the world a better place. TOGETHER, we can support moms and give back!

If you have a BIG IDEA and the passion to make it happen – contact me! Really! Email me – heather@themommiesnetwork.org -- and let’s talk!
Quote:
We believe that, working together, mothers can change the world - one family, one neighborhood, one community at a time. The Mommies Network is a connecting force, helping us each to make a difference in our own lives, in our families and in the places we call home.


Connect with us! I can’t wait to see what amazing things we can do, together!

My warmest regards and thanks to each and every one of you!
Heather Fortune
TMN Founder & President
_________________


Want to learn more about The Mommies Network visit www.themommiesnetwork.org today!

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !