The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Monday, August 27, 2012

Back To School Week~~ Hang On !

It is back to school week, or many of you have already started back to school in some parts of the US. Some of you are sending your little peeps off to their first day of kindergarten, some might be a new high schooler, or are you a brand new home-school mom just starting your adventures at home? This week I thought we might focus on a few back to school articles, funnies, homework help links, fashions, homeschool helps and whatever pops into my head. So hang on, its gonna be a fun week!



First Day of Kindergarten 



Author: Swaha 
Blog: TriangleMommies
First Published: Sept. 11, 2011 
It feels like yesterday that I held him in my arms for the first time — bewildered, tired, and very happy and thankful as he came into the world a month premature and completely healthy. I never believed in love at first sight until that day.
This month he started kindergarten. Where did the last five years go? He has been in daycare for a few years, so I thought this would not be hard on me at all. I had lived through the frantic, nonstop crying when he first started daycare at about a year old, gritting my teeth and digging my nails into my palms as I sat outside his daycare room, holding back my urge to run in and scoop him up in my arms.
Now he is a happy, healthy 5 year old raring to go. He is so eager and excited about starting "real school." This is going to be so easy, I thought.
Until that first full day of school when I stood outside the glass doors holding his hand. His kindergarten teacher had mentioned that the sooner he can walk to his room by himself, the better for him. So we had prepared ourselves and him to do it from day one. Hubby had chosen to wait in the parking lot, not feeling up to handling the goodbye at the door.
So here I was with the job of letting go. For a moment there, I wanted to walk past that door and all the way down the hallway with him. He sensed the hesitation in me and looked up questioningly. I forced myself to smile and said something about the backpack being heavy with all those school supplies. I gave him one last quick hug and put his backpack on his back. He walked in through the doors and down the hallway, my eyes following him the whole way.
And he never looked back, for which I am very grateful. I waited a whole minute after he went inside his room. Not that I thought he would come back out or something. It was more for my own sake than his, I suppose.
Four years ago, letting go had been difficult because he wanted to hold on to me. But now, letting go is difficult because he doesn't want to hold on to me.





                                                        Source: learningwithmrsparker.blogspot.com via Leslie on Pinterest




Need some help getting ready the night before school, hop on over to 36th Shop blog and check out how to make these awesome clipboards to help keep the kids organized, even make on for mom!




Stay tuned tomorrow for some super hot kids back to school fashions! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !