The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Getting In The Christmas Spirit

While driving Virginia to speech this morning, I noticed all the wonderful Christmas decorations my neighbors had adorned their yards and houses with. One house was fully decked out from the yard to the house. The owners had huge Christmas ornaments hanging on their trees.

Once I dropped Virginia off for speech, I headed to Dollar General to look for some cheap Christmas decorations. I found a pack of 20 medium-sized Christmas ornaments for $3. Then I picked up a pack of 175 ornament hangers for $1. I was ready to decorate the trees in our front yard.


Virginia was super excited when I picked her up and told her we would be decorating the trees in the front when we got home. This project was so easy that Virginia was able to help me. She grabbed the ornaments and put the hooks in, then handed them to me. Next, I had her help me pick the perfect spot on the tree to hang the ornaments. She kept saying, "I am a big girl, Mommy. I can do it by myself." She really is getting so independent lately. 


The decorating took about 10 minutes, and when we were done, we had a beautiful Christmas tree that cost only $4. Now, once we get the rest of our decorations down from the attic, I can string lights on the tree. I am ready for the holidays.






Post submitted by Kathy from The Mommies Network's Content Team

Originally published on her blog, Absolutely Kathy on 11/29/11

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !