The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Monday, August 15, 2011

Menu Monday: Easy BBQ Chicken


I usually struggle each week to come up with a weekly menu plan for my family. I am not a great cook and my family are picky eaters. Most days I am so tired by the time dinner rolls around that I just want something simple to cook for my family. I came across this BBQ Chicken recipe cooked on the stove. Which I thought was great because I love BBQ Chicken, but my husband is the grill master and I hate bugging him when he gets home from work to cook.



Ingredients

1/2 cupFlour
2 poundsBoneless, skinless chicken breasts; or thighs
1/2 cupButter; one stick
16 ouncesKraft Thick and Spicy Barbecue sauce; Brown sugar flavored is our favorite
1 cupWater





Heat the butter in a large sauce pan on medium high heat.


Coat the chicken with flour. I marinated our chicken over night in Fat Free Italian dressing.


Brown the chicken quickly on both sides in the butter until just golden brown. Side Note: I think I browned my chicken to much. Also when placing your chicken in the butter be careful the butter will splash and it does hurt. Only a few choice words were said while browning.


While the chicken is browning, mix and heat the barbecue sauce and water in a smaller saucepan. I used Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce in this recipe.


When the sauce is warm and the chicken is browned, add the sauce to the chicken, stirring gently to coat the chicken in the sauce. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about an hour or until the chicken is tender.

After cooking you will have yummy BBQ Chicken for your family. Just make your favorite side dish and serve. I will say that this recipe was great, but doesn't substitute my love for the real BBQ Chicken.


Post originally submitted to CentralPiedmontMommies Blog on 6/14/11

3 comments :

  1. If you've got a crock pot, this one is even easier--
    1. get crockpot. put in a liner if you're like me and hate to scrub the thing.
    2. put in chicken. any kind. as much or as little as you want. you don't even have to thaw it if it's frozen.
    3. Cover chicken with BBQ sauce. More is better.
    4. Cook on high about 4-6 hours or low for about 8-10. Start with the shorter time period, though--this does have the potential to dry out if left too long.

    If you use boneless skinless pieces, you could even shred it and have sandwiches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these sound good.

    ^^thanks for the crockpot recipe. I'm a fan of any meal that doesn't require me to think ahead and thaw meat. I'll try it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same as Lauralita but I add a little water to the almost empty BBQ to get the rest of the sauce out.

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !