The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What Was I Thinking?

Hello, my name is Jody Morgan, and I take on too much.

Yes, that is how I feel that I need to introduce myself lately. I spend too much time doing stuff for other people that when it comes to myself, I really don’t take care of me. However, when I don’t take care of me, I become crabby, mean, irritable and downright insulting to others.

This summer has been a whirlwind of crazy. First, I decided I was going to take two online classes. English (College Composition II) and Women’s Studies. I was moving along until I was hospitalized for five days. That set me so far behind in English I had to take a “W”. I am not pleased with that, but at least I can take the course over again in the spring. I am continuing on in the Women’s Studies class, but only because the professor has been kind enough to let me work through my medical issues and work at my own pace as long as it all gets done by the end of the semester.

I am the chapter manager of www.ClevelandMommies.com. This is a major challenge for me. I make sure I post and reply to topics each day, help organize events for the members, create a newsletter each month and a few other things sprinkled in there. I have a great hospitality manager and she is awesome at making new members feel welcomed and are attending events each week.

To go along with ClevelandMommies, I also do volunteer work for The Mommies Network. I work to create content for their blog and do some other work to support the chapters and any problems that they may be having as well. Trust me, when you are running a chapter, issues can pop up all the time and it is good to have someone there to bounce ideas off of and help take the pressure off all the decision-making.

I am also the president of the Action Committee Advocating Change that is part of the local ADAMHS Board of Cuyahoga County. This position works to advocate for individuals that have alcohol, drug or mental health problems and work to raise awareness in the community. This is a really passionate cause to me because I am bipolar and feel that the community needs to be educated regarding individuals that have problems. I have been to Columbus, Ohio to speak about cutting the mental health budget, and I will continue to advocate for fairness to those with alcohol and mental health disorders as well as appropriate funding so that individuals can get the help they need.

My twelve-year-old daughter has been with me so far this summer. Her dad and I split her summer vacation up so we each get her for half. However, my half has been competing with sleepovers, parties, grandma’s house, grandpa’s house and a slew of other things. I really am not feeling like I have been able to spend any real quality of time with her, but as long as she is having fun I guess that is what matters.

In addition to all of that, I have been watching my friend’s two children this summer and they keep me going constantly. They always need to be doing something and are always wanting to try something new. Add them to my daughter, and you have three very active children. Sometimes we even add in a couple of extra kids and I just have a full house all the time.

My life is crazy busy, as I don’t know how to say no to anyone. I somehow manage to try and be everything to everyone and a lot of the time I fail. And when I fail, I get back up and try to do it all over again the next day. I ask myself if that is a bad thing, but I usually decide that it isn’t and I keep on moving forward.

Post submitted by Jody from ClevelandMommies.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !