The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Friday, July 8, 2011

Frugal Living: Requesting Coupons and Products

I have heard many complaints from moms saying that they can never find coupons or deals for the items they use the most.  Did you know that if you e-mail, call or write letters to companies, that often times they will send you free coupons for their products?  My family has received coupons for soy milk, organic fruit and gluten free foods, just to name a few, simply by contacting the manufacturers of our favorite products.

I prefer to contact companies via their web sites, as I have received the most favorable responses this way, and all it costs is a few minutes of my time.  I keep my letter upbeat, add a personal touch and am sure to include my contact information.  I always ask for exactly what I want.  I am not saying that I always get what I want, but sometimes I do indeed get exactly what I ask for.  

In your letter, be sure to:
-include your name, physical address, phone number, e-mail address
-praise the company
-mention your favorite product(s)
-ask for what you want

A sample letter looks something like this:

Jane Doe
123 Main Street
Hometown, US 12345
janedoe@gmail.com
999-867-5309

Dear Pilot Pen Company,

My name is Jane Doe and I live in Hometown, US.  I am a busy mom to four energetic children and proud wife of Steve, my hard-working blue collar husband.   Our household uses your Pilot G-2 mini pen exclusively for our writing needs.  I love the smooth flow of the ink, the compact design and the soft grip pad.  Thank you so much for designing such a well-made pen.   As a hard-working family, we would appreciate a few samples of the different colors of the Pilot G-2 mini pen.

Sincerely,
Jane Doe

I added a personal touch by telling the company about my family (for the purpose of this exercise it is fictional, as is the contact information).  I mentioned the product they produce that we love the most (the Pilot G-2 mini pen is a specific pen).  I praised the design of the pen itself using very specific details.  I thanked the company and praised them for the design of the pen.  I asked for samples of the pen I mentioned.  Writing the letter took me five minutes.  Then I googled “pilot pen company” and found the manufacturer’s web site.  I clicked on customer service, filled out the form and sent my letter.  It truly is that simple.

Melissa Thornton is a moderator for TriangleMommies.com and shares savings tips at https://www.facebook.com/triangletips 

1 comment :

  1. And they very promptly sent me 5 of these pens!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !