The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mom Blogger Spotlight: Johanna, Mama Chocolate


Meet our fellow Mom Blogger, Johanna from Mama Chocolate!

My name is Johanna (a.k.a "Mama Chocolate") and I’m living my dream of being a stay-at-home-mama and wife! God has blessed my husband, John, and me with two beautiful daughters, and we pray He continues to give us the wisdom to bring them up, (and any future children!) in the fear of the Lord.

We are Christians and plan on homeschooling our little ones! John and I are both homeschool graduates and are excited to be passing on that vision on to our children! We enjoy living out in the sticks and raise kids, sheep, dogs, cats and weeds. :-)

I love my life and am living what I have always dreamed: out in the country, raising beautiful children with a godly, loving husband.

How many kids do you have, and what are their ages?
Our oldest daughter, Kathryn, (Katie,) just turned 2 (when did this happen?!) Victoria is our latest edition, is already 6 months old, and bringing more joy to our family every day!

Describe how being a Mom has changed you and your lifestyle:
My life is much less flexible than it used to be! I’m a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants sort of gal, and I’ve always loved spontaneous adventures. It’s a little more difficult to have a spontaneous camping/road trip when you’ve got little ones to consider!

What is the hardest thing you've hard to learn/overcome/adjust to since becoming a mom?
The hardest thing for me is probably trying to be productive while suffering from sleep deprivation. I’ve pretty much resigned myself to never having “enough” sleep again, so I’m trying to adjust and move on!

What are the most rewarding parts of being a mom for you?
I love “being there” for my girls. I love that when they are sad or need something, they come to ME for comfort. I love Katie’s “Squeeze!” every night before I lay her down in her bed. I love it when Victoria lays her little head on my chest and sucks her thumb while she listens to me singing her to sleep.

Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or do you work out of the home?
I am a SAHM, and proud of it! I am so grateful for a husband that wants me to stay home with our precious children, and I am thankful to God for the job He has given John that allows me to be free to be at home! John works very hard to provide for us with one income and God has blessed us! I am, in a sense, a WAHM too, as I am regularly working on my blog and towards earning a little income with it eventually.

What challenges have you faced as a SAHM?
There are hundreds of little, every-day challenges! The biggest one I’m going through right now is potty training our oldest. I'm sure most of you moms can relate...I also constantly struggle to implement some sort of routine or schedule. Our days are so willy-nilly!

When and how did you get started blogging?
I started a little blog about 2 years ago that I used mostly to just update family and friends on what my adorable little baby was doing. I started getting hooked on entering giveaways in the blogosphere and got inspired to start my own “official” blog in July 2010, almost a year ago!

What is your favorite part of blogging? What are your favorite topics to cover or types of posts to share? I love bragging about my girls. I love sharing recipes that have been shared with me, and I love to tell everyone about the wonders of cloth diapering and other natural parenting topics!

What have you gained for yourself, and as a mom, through blogging?
I’ve gained some wonderful mama-bloggy friends! I love getting to review new products, (especially cloth diapers: it’s an addiction!) and it’s an outlet for my creative expression through writing!

You can visit Johanna on her blog, Mama Chocolate, and on Facebook and Twitter!

Comment on any current giveaway running on her blog with "Mommies Network Extra Entries" and she will add 5 extra entries into the giveaway for you!

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !