The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Heather's Weight Loss Journey: Chapter 4

So far I have told you about ups and downs that have included a knee injury, a huge tree falling on our house, and an unexpected visit from out of state in-laws. And how through all of that I was able to keep my focus on the end goal. I was able to make the best choice I had in each situation, pushing through and watching the numbers on the scale continue to move in the right direction.

But the last few weeks have been the hardest by far. Because unlike outside circumstances, I am now working against myself. My mind. My willpower. One wrong choice turned into two, which turned into three, and so on. I have lost and gained and lost and gained over the past couple of weeks. I haven’t been getting in my eight cups of water daily, and my exercise has been intermittent. I’ve also been hiding from my online calorie tracker at http://www.myfitnesspal.com because I know the numbers won’t be good.

I have days when I’m able to remind myself that it’s a marathon, not a sprint. That in the big picture of my health and my life, a few bad weeks won’t really matter. And that I just need to get back on track. I’ve also learned that there is a huge difference in how I feel physically after just a few weeks of falling off the wagon.

When I was doing well, and losing weight, I felt so good! I woke up feeling clear headed and full of energy. I felt strong as I went about my day. And mentally, I felt confident. Like, if I could handle twenty agonizing minutes of Jillian Michaels, then I could handle just about anything! And after several days of poor choices, I noticed a huge difference. I felt tired and bloated. I felt irritable, and frustrated. I woke up with that foggy feeling I remember so well.

It has been a very eye-opening experience for me. I hadn’t realized just how badly I had been feeling over the past few years, and how good I could be feeling! So…you are probably thinking that making that realization was enough to put me right back on track. And you know what? I thought it would be too.

But I’ve discovered something about myself that I didn’t really realize was there When I’ve had a stressful day, I look forward to a treat that’s rich and comforting. When I’ve had a great day or something exciting happens, I look for ways to celebrate by taking my girls out for ice cream, or going out to dinner and splurging on dessert. It’s both a pick-me-up and a reward. But why do I try to comfort or reward myself with something that will make me feel terrible physically, and later emotionally when none of my clothes fit? How is that helping anything?

I don’t have the answers yet. But I would love to ask for your help. If there is something healthy in your life that picks you up when you’re down, or that helps you celebrate the joyful times, would you please share it with me? Is it a hobby or activity? Is it something
small you pick up at the store? Is it curling your hair and putting on makeup? Is it reading a good book or taking a long bath? I need ideas, and I would love to hear from you!

The stats this week aren’t as pretty, but overall I have still made great progress so I can’t feel too badly about that.

Weight: 168 (-16lbs)
Waist: - 5.25”
Hips: - -4.0"


Post submitted by Heather (imarriedrich) from UnionCountyMommies.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !