The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Monday, April 4, 2011

Mom Blogger Spotlight: Lindsay Blogs

Hi, my name is Lindsay and I’m a blogger.

Let me start by telling a little about me. I have two little girls. Only fifteen months separated their births. They are now three and four years old. I have been married to my husband for six years. I have worked outside of the home for as long as it’s been legal (and even a year or two before that). I am a born-again Christian and host a small group in my home every week for Bible study as well as serve on the leadership team at my church. I am a social media enthusiast and a blogger.

I started my blog in December 2009. The original intent was (very stupidly) to make money. After all, if Dooce could do it, why couldn’t I? It turns out, you have to be a really brilliant writer, photographer and world class social media entrepreneur to make anywhere near a full-time income blogging, so I gave up on the money-making dream within days.

When I first told my mom that I was writing a blog, she asked me why. Only, she asked me in such a way that almost sounded like, “Why in the world are you wasting your time on that?” I blog because I instantly found a community of {not always} like-minded women who understand me. They get the trials and tribulations of trying to do it all and are able to relate to me on such a basic level. The blogging community is amazingly tight-knit and sisterly (and yes, sometimes catty – that’s sisterhood, folks). I have been able to find solace in the knowledge that I’m not a terrible mother when I post about my girls having major attitude and receive comments from other moms going through the same thing.

Over the past year, my blog has changed its tune a few times. I went from a humor/storytelling blogger to a review/giveaway blogger and now to a faith-based blogger. But, the overall sentiment has never changed. I’m a mom and I love to blog. I love connecting with others and allowing them a peek into my head for a few hundred words. I love knowing that people actually like the things I write or relate to the things I’m experiencing.

Some people might say, “Doesn’t it take too much of your time?” My answer is simple – Don’t you have any hobbies? There are lots of ways to spend your spare time – TV, video games, reading, surfing the internet. I just choose to spend some of my free time connecting to other moms through blogging. Is that so wrong?

Lindsay is a 20-something, Christian, working, blogging mom. She and her husband, along with their two little girls, live in Metro Atlanta. She blogs about her faith, her life and everything that goes along with being a mom at www.lindsayblogs.com. She can also be found on Twitter (@Lindsay_Blogs) and on Facebook(http://www.facebook.com/justmyblog).

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !