The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Friday, April 8, 2011

Making A Difference - One Mommy at a Time

Adriana Roberson, ElPasoMommies


ElPasoMommies is helmed by Adriana Roberson who founded the chapter in October of 2010.

During her membership at RichmondMommies, Adriana experienced the sense of sisterhood that TMN sites embody. Wanting to create the same supportive environment for moms in El Paso, Adriana recounts,“ I saw that women were looking for support, friendship, and something to do. I realized that I could provide that if I started ElPasoMommies. I knew it would be challenging to start from the ground up, but I believed it would be worth it for the women I would eventually reach.”

Already exceeding her membership expectations for the one-year mark, ElPasoMommies is receiving good turnout at calendar events. Most gratifying for Adriana is seeing her members excitement. “They are noticing and appreciating our growth. They’re beginning to feel like EPM is theirs! That is such a great moment to witness.”

The site has not only connected moms in El Paso, it has also helped Adriana feel much more a part of her community. She shares, “ For my part, I have access to a network of women whom I never would have met otherwise. I have found that my life and that of my son have been enriched by this association of mothers and kids from different walks of life. Sometimes it’s just knowing that you are not alone that gets you through the rough patches of mothering.”

On leading her chapter, Adriana reflects, “I have more responsibilities now. It’s not just scheduling play dates. It truly is a role of leadership. It becomes more and more evident to me when members ask me questions that are deeply personal. They value my input and my opinions. I have definitely honed my skills in diplomacy! And even though my family always comes first, my chapter is a very important part of my daily life.”


ElPasoMommies.com was opened in October of 2010 and currently has 132 members. Any mom in El Paso and the surrounding areas is welcome to apply and join the chapter - membership is free. Don't live in El Paso? Check out http://themommiesnetwork.org/ to find a chapter in your area!

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !