The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Heather's Weight Loss Journey: Chapter 3

Let’s start with the great news: no injuries! My knee is feeling so much better, and my exercise is once again pain free. It’s been so nice to be able to walk up and down the stairs without wincing. And I’m still so proud that I continued moving forward instead of using that as an excuse to give up like I would have done in the past.

But even in the absence of injuries, these past two weeks definitely brought new challenges. During the thunderstorms and high winds that hit NC, we had a massive tree (I’m talking about 6 feet in diameter) fall on our house! It was crazy!! So the days following were consumed with phone calls, filing insurance claims, visits from adjusters, and getting estimates from tree services and roofing companies.

On top of that all, we had an unexpected visit from my in-laws who flew out from California and stayed for a week. They came to help us with the tree which was so generous and really helpful! But it still threw me for a loop since I was out of my normal routine. It was really hard to find time to fit my exercise in. And we were constantly on the go, which meant eating out a lot.

So one thing I found to be so helpful was taking the time to sit down at the computer and look up several restaurants and their nutrition facts. I made a list of the top eight that we visit frequently, everything from coffee shops to fast food to sit down restaurants. And I wrote out the healthiest options at each one and the total calories. I now carry this around in my purse so I will always know the best choices, even if I wasn’t planning to eat out. This has been a huge help! I have already used it numerous times.

My husband has commented on how impressed he is that I’ve been able to maintain healthy eating even when faced with menu options like Burgers and Fries. It isn’t always easy, but I will say the biggest difference between this time around and the failed weight loss attempts previously, is that I have a very clear picture in my mind of the end goal. I can literally see the way I want to look, and the way I want to feel. Knowing that image can become a reality means so much more to me than that burger does!

And just for fun, I wanted to share a few of the things I have discovered that I love, and that keep me from feeling deprived. I absolutely love Greek yogurt! It’s packed full of protein and is so satisfying. I buy Fage O% in the 6oz containers. Sometimes I top it with some crushed pineapple, other times I use chunks of mango and a drizzle of honey. I also love Thomas’ 100 Calorie English Muffins with a Tbsp of natural chunky peanut butter. This is my go to breakfast and keeps me feeling full for a long time! I can usually make it to lunch without feeling like I need a snack.

My favorite dessert find is Jell-O Pudding Temptations! The French Silk Pie (140 calories) tastes like I’m seriously indulging. Or for less than half the calories, the Jell-O Mousse Chocolate Indulgence (60 calories and sugar free) satisfies my sweet tooth. Regardless of the flavor I grab, I always top with 2 Tbsp light whipped cream. This little treat is something I eat almost nightly. I really think it helps curb cravings and keep me on track.

I have also discovered that I love Wii Fit Zumba! I’d never even taken a Zumba class but kept hearing about how fun they are. I can’t even follow the moves perfectly; I just bounce around a lot…much to my husband’s amusement. But the music is so fun! And twenty minutes burns close to 300 calories, according to my heart rate monitor. It’s been really neat for me to try different forms of exercise, and realize I can actually enjoy that time of my day!

So it’s been four weeks total. And here are my current stats. I’m really happy about my progress so far, and more importantly, I feel great!

Weight: 171 (-13lbs)
Waist: -3.75”
Hips: -3.0”

1 comment :

  1. You go girl! Keep up the work. You're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !