The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Worst Case Scenario

I've decided that I could write the Worst Case Scenario Guidebook - Mother's Edition. I constantly obsess about things like being able to pull myself up if I ever find myself hanging over a bridge after being chased by an insane killer. Or being able to kick down a door if I hear my child screaming for help. Or escaping from a locked trunk if I'm carjacked. Or fending off a bear attack while hiking. Or escaping LA in case of alien attack. (And yes. I know I don't actually live in LA, but we do visit on occasion.) Or saving my child if he or she jumps into a raging river. Or...I think you get the point.

Needless to say, Chad thinks I'm paranoid. I prefer "prepared".

Last night, as my husband lay next to me, nearly asleep, I started shaking the bed.

"Earthquake!!"

"Wha-?" he said sleepily.

"I'm doing an earthquake drill. We're having an earthquake. What. Do. You. Do?"

"Are we really having an earthquake?"

"No. This is just a drill."

"Oh. Um. I go get the kids and stand in a doorway."

"Which kid first?"

"Um. Elizabeth?"

"WRONG! Remember? In my Disaster Preparedness Plan, Section 3, you go get Joseph and I grab Elizabeth. We meet at the doorways in the hall."

"Okay," he mumbled, already half asleep again.

I waited a few minutes, not sure if he really understood that we're supposed to prepare for these things. Then...

"FIRE!"

He rolled over and put his arms around me. "Go to sleep, baby."

Too bad he stopped me. Next on the list was the Home Invasion Drill.

Then again, it's probably a good thing that I didn't hand him a baseball bat...



Mandy Dawson is a wife and mother of two living on the beautiful Central Coast of California. When she's not updating her Emergency Preparedness Plan to include tidal waves and zombies, she can be found blogging at http://inmandyland.blogspot.com.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !