The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

That Mommy...

I have turned into “that mom.” The one who brings her baby into the restaurant, even though the other customers would prefer I didn’t; the one who doesn’t have time for the movies and frankly, doesn't want to leave my family that long… Yep, I have turned into that mom.
 
I always said the most horrible things about parents like that. “Oh goodness, here comes a selfish mom who is going to let her baby scream the entire time we are eating…” or the ever-so hilarious, “my child will never cry like that in public.” HA!  Man, ignorance is bliss! If only I knew now that someday I would be that mom… The one who is praying she (and the other customers) can eat in peace.
 
Now, I don’t know about you ladies, but I really just wing it. I was such an “expert” on child-rearing while I was pregnant. No “processed crap” (aka formula) would touch my daughter’s lips! Little did I know, I ended up getting very sick and unable to breastfeed. Also, my daughter’s birth would definitely be all-natural, because my child will NOT be born all drugged up and loopy…. LOL! I needed to be induced and as soon as the contractions hit one after the other I begged for the epidural… To be honest, I was so happy I did! That thing was bliss!
 
My days now consist of pbs kids and researching car seats. (I am currently in the market for a convertible seat, if anyone has any suggestions!) I hate to be away from my daughter and husband, and if given the choice, I would be home with them instead of out without them. And honestly, I am 100% okay with that.
 
I guess I am just saying this because you never really know what’s ahead. I was so judgmental (sorry other mommies!) but what I didn’t understand was that there are some things that are far beyond our control. Having children is neither convenient, nor “fashion forward,” but it is the best thing in the world and I wouldn’t change it for anything.
 
 
Megan Greco is an Army wife and mother to an infant daughter. She and her family live in Clarksville, TN. You can read more from her about being a new mom and Army wife at http://megangreco.blogspot.com/
 
 
 
If you would like to contribute to the TMN blog as a guest writer, please email blogpost@themommiesnetwork.org 

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !