The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I’m The King Of World! Hungry And Without Television. But Still King-ish.

This is the third post on my experience in the Hardcore Television Challenge.  The first week’s adventure can be found here.  And the second week is here.

I was surprised to find that it was time to write about week three of the  Television Challenge because I just hadn’t yearned for TV. (yearn makes me giggle.)

It’s like television is slipping away.

Okay now I feel like television and I are in the icy waters after the Titanic goes down.
Television: You creating that challenge, Alex, was the best thing that ever happened to me... it let me rest. And I'm thankful for that, Alex. I'm thankful. You must do me this honor, Alex. Promise me you'll survive. That you won't give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. Promise me now, Alex, and never let go of that promise.
Alex: I promise.
Television: Never let go.
Alex: I'll never let go. I'll never let go, Television.
And I didn’t. Even when I had to pry your icy dead hands from my raft last week.
I survived. Sorta.
We are only missing dinner.
Because I’ve pretty much given up on it.
I mean, we eat, but out of the last seven days? We’ve eaten one meal I’ve cooked. On Tuesday night. And it was pasta and sauce from a jar.
And yes, I’ve tried including the kids in cooking (well E. because a fifteen month old isn’t exactly INCLUDABLE around fire and knives).
And while we have adorable pictures.

Your browser may not support display of this image.
Making salad and looking cute. Check and check. 
And E discovering he loves celery.
Your browser may not support display of this image.
I swear he's enjoying the celery. Just don't look at his face. 
We have to start at 4 p.m. to have dinner ready by 5:30.
And I’d rather play chase in ninety degree weather (not EXACTLY but close) than spend an hour and a half making a meal.
I just can’t cook and have my children all up in my business. Or I can’t cook and not snap. Or I can’t be disciplined enough to do all my cooking during N’s nap.
Or I hate cooking.
(I don’t HATE it. I just only like it when I can concentrate on it. Because I’m not naturally good at cooking. And it makes a MESS. A mess that I don’t have the inclination to clean. But old crusty food makes me vomit.)
And dividing thirty minutes of television among seven days gives me less than five minutes a day to make dinner. Which is just long enough to open a cheese stick and a bag of carrots. But we already ate that for lunch.
My proposed answer? A personal chef to sponsor my Hardcore Television Challenge!
Because that would be realistic and relatable.
---
Thank you to Romp n’ Roll for supporting our Television challenge!  (We've definitely hid from our television there.)
Continued thank yous to The Mommies Network.
And don't forget that Corrina has kindly offered a fellow challenger a FREE BOOK OF HER CHOOSING from Barefoot Books! I’ll choose the winner at random on the final Thursday (July 29th). I know some of you have been participating but are not bloggers. You can still win the book! Please include a comment on the final post so I have your name to add to the drawing.  I'll announce the winner Friday July 30th.
__
This challenge is brought to you by Alex Iwashyna, a happily married mom of two children with a BA in Political Philosophy and a Medical Degree, who currently stays at home with her children and writes.  She blogs at Late Enough, which is mostly about life, parenting, marriage, politics, culture, religion, and Alex's inability to wake up in the morning and not hate everyone.  Often zombies, fire, and rude Southern people make blog appearances, but she can pretty much guarantee that she'll still be in her pjs while fighting them off.  She also hangs out on Facebook and tweets @L8enough.



Do you want to be a guest writer on the TMN blog? Email blogpost@themommiesnetwork.org

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !