Some of the common traits that I have seen in inspirational moms -
- Patient, calm, and never seem to be flustered.
- Attentive and listen to their children. If the children are young and impetuous, I have noticed they calmly ask their children to wait their turn. Love it and hope I can do it!
- Loyal to their families.
- Playful. You see them smiling and enjoying spending time with their children.
- Watchful, not smothering. I notice they set boundaries and let their children test them only to meet a consistent and firm response to remind them.
- Supportive. Help and share in their children's dreams. They don't criticize, only show ways to reach their goals.
- Eat dinner together. Share stories of the day.
- Creative. Practice and invent crafts to do with their children. Perfection is left at the door, because everything created together is perfect.
- Don't criticize. Life is hard enough, no need to bring up the shortcomings of their children. Teach them to use their strengths to investigate ways to handle difficulties.
- Hold hands with their children.
- Love on their children unconditionally. Demonstrate this love often and with abandon. Hugging, kissing, and saying "I love you!" often.
- Their children are the light in their eyes! You are almost blinded by the light they emit when they talk about their children.
- Proud. Proud to be their mother, proud of their child, and proud of their families.
- Talk about their children often. They aren't as accessory or obligation, they are a gift to be appreciated always.
- Problem solvers. There isn't one thing they won't do to help their children with anything. They will find the resources to help them with any struggles they may face.
- Security. No matter what happens they are a secure place for their children to return.
- Understanding. They realize that many factors affect their children's behaviors. They understand the source of the reactions. Handle the source and not the child.
By Shannon Henrici. I have started a new blog. I want to create a place for inspiration – finding
it, creating it, and sharing it. Check it out, please leave me some suggestions. I would love to
hear what you have to say. Inspirationintheoddplaces.wordpress.com
Do you want to be a guest writer for the TMN blog? Please email email@example.com