The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Strike 2

Soooooo, you know how I said only just a few hours ago I was sure knowing my kids I'd get another fiasco photo op soon? Yeah, about that. I have one already.

Today I cleaned the living room and reassured myself it was totally baby proof. Safety plugs in electrical sockets? Check. All little toys way out of reach? Yup. Anything potentially heavy way up safe and sound and no way for them to fall? Taken care of.

I swept and mopped, checked under the couch and tv for anything potentially hazardous and felt secure in the fact I did my job as a Mommy. Then Soren woke up from his nap, I fed him 2 servings of baby food, placed him gently on the newly clean and baby safe floor, and popped upstairs for 3 minutes tops to check email, always keeping an ear out for trouble...




Trouble doesn't always make a sound though.

I don't have any clue where he found it or if it was something Ashe had and left within a babys grasp, but I came downstairs and gasped when I saw this:


For any of you trying to figure out what that is, that, my friends, is Fun Dip. Yes, my 8 month old baby is covered in Fun Dip next to an ever innocently whistling 3 yr old.



3 minutes folks. That's all it takes. And now Soren is forever immortalized, as the Baby Terror of Trouble. I swear I do try to be a good mom. You guys just get to see the worst parts of my Mommydom. Cause the worst parts are always the funniest.




Submitted by Brittany (Rhaven) from trianglemommies.com. If you liked this story please come visit Brittanys personal blog at http://suburbanrebelmom.blogspot.com/  
And please feel free to leave comments. She lives for comments. And Jr. Mints. Ok and coffee too!

2 comments :

  1. I absolutely love this!!!! I agree, I have always said silence means TROUBLE!!!!! Good luck taming the sugar high. Hey, love the green color though!! He was celebrating St. Paddy's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG- I love it Brittany! That is leftover Fun Dip from valentine's day, isn't it?! My kids were that same matching color a couple of times because of it!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !