The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I wanna

I hate when my kids say "I wanna"....

{I'm sorry, we no longer say hate around here.} 

I loathe when my kids say "I wanna"

When it comes from their mouths its usually followed by some crap they've seen on tv or something equally useless. Not to mention when I hear "I wanna" I tend not to hear an ever important, please, tossed in there.

But you know what? I have a little "I wanna" of my own.

I wanna go to the beach. I wanna make like a bird and head south.

I wanna walk across the dry sand that feels like it might just burn thru the bottom of my feet. I wanna sit on my towel and mindlessly scoop up sand over and over with my hands.

I wanna smell the salt air from the ocean breeze.

I wanna hear the giggles and squeals of my boys as they run from the waves, build sandcastles, and hunt for seashells.

I wanna stand in the wet sand while the waves crash at my feet.

I wanna walk across the beach and see all the different size footprints of our family.

I wanna escape the cold.

I wanna go to the beach. I really really wanna go to the beach.

oh, and, before I forget.... please.






More from me can be found at http://tryingourbest.blogspot.com  where I talk about motherhood, military wife life, and stories that will no doubt embarrass my children years from now.  You can also find me on twitter @ mrs_flyboy


1 comment :

  1. I feel the same way, summer is only about 100 days away!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !