The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Poop 202

My sister, a more experienced mom than I, told me early on that her pediatrician had informed her that poop happens to be the most common question among parents.  Is he pooping enough?  Is her stool too hard?  Is she constipated?  Is yellow baby poop ok, or should it be more green?  How often should my child be having bowel movements?  How much is too much?  How little is too little?
Talking about your child’s bowel movements becomes a common topic and poop becomes a dinner conversation- sometimes a very animated one.  There is nothing sacred about your child’s excrement.
Big Dub has become constipated.  He has not had a poop to write home about in four days.  He has been grunting and groaning, with serious effort and concentration to produce a few measly pebbles.  It actually got to the point that my husband I had the following conversation:
Hubby: “I don’t know.  Medium.”
Me: “Medium big or medium small?  Like soft serve or play dough?”
Hubby: “I don’t know.  Just medium.”
Me: “Well, how am I supposed to know if he needs to stay on the prune diet or if we need a suppository?  Is the blockage cleared or is he still shooting pebbles?  How pebble-like is it?  Is it hard?”
Hubby: “I don’t know.  It is just medium.”
Me: “Take a picture.”
Hubby: “No.”
Me: “TAKE A PICTURE and email it to me.”
Hubby: “NO, I just threw away the diaper.”
Seriously, I asked him to take a picture and was quite annoyed that he failed to do so.  How can I gauge the level of constipation and the level of intervention necessary if he can’t adequately describe the poop nor take a picture for me?  What, exactly, does medium mean?
Not to worry, I will not be including a picture with this posting.  You are welcome.




--

STORIES OF TRIALS, TRIBULATIONS, LAUGHTER AND HYSTERIA. POOR BIG DUB, YOU GOT ME FOR A MAMA...

I'm just an average mama who's not afraid to say all the things you know you are thinking.  Or just not smart enough to keep my mouth shut.

Follow me on twitter: @midnightfeeding / email me: lisa@midnightfeedings.com / visit me: midnightfeedings.com

2 comments :

  1. fabulous ! and just how i would have reacted too..or maybe already have !! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was hardest thing to get used to as a parent, how much poop talk there is!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !