The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Thursday, February 18, 2010

First Date

Three years ago, when I was single and living on the 11th floor of one of the most amazing condo buildings in Daytona Beach Shores, I had an unexpected date with an old acquaintance. He was in town for the day and asked if we could see each other. I had no other plans that Sunday, except to maybe have a margarita by my beach-side pool with my best friend Kristin, so I said sure.

When he arrived I took him to the famed Ocean Deck, I had a blackened mahi sandwich with him, Kristin and another friend, I dragged both of them along because it wasn't really a date.

Back at the condo that night, we stayed up until almost 1:00am talking. I was exhausted at the Paper the next day.

I had a real date with that same guy Tuesday night. We left our 20 month-old under the care of my friend Kenzie and met at a different kind of high rise on the Northside of Atlanta. Who knew that Sunday would lead to dinner and a musical, nearly 600 miles away and three years later, but I'm so glad it did.

He even sent me flowers at work for the occasion. We haven't been out as just a couple since we've moved here. It was nice to be two instead of three.

Some days, I wish we were the same two that were in the Ocean Deck on that Sunday, you see, a lot has changed. It was spelled-out so clear as I sipped sauvignon blanc, and was uncomfortable at downtown wine bar for the first-time in my life. I had to keep asking myself....are we relaxed yet? I'm not sure if I ever got there, even into the second half of Mamma Mia at the Fox Theatre.

We've grown, and have loved each other, and a whole new person and I'm so happy we have that perfect beach evening to thank.



Anne DiNapoli

Atlanta Area Mommies/ FLmominGA
Twitter/ @amdinapoli
http://adinap.blogspot.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !