The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Every day is a new day...

I tell myself this every day when I wake up. No matter what turbulence occured the day before, there is always a new day that allows you to start over. Yesterday was a very tough one for me. My 4-year-old had not slept or eaten well so needless to stay she was a handful. We had a total of 3 temper tantrums yesterday, the last one ending in the libary where she started screaming and eventually went boneless when I tried to pick her up.

Needless to say, I was exhausted yesterday. I prayed that everyone would sleep in to allow me to catch up on my lost sleep. Well, my 15-month-old was up at 5am and my 4-year-old was up at 6. I rolled my eyes thinking it was going to be another disaster of a day. Then I came to my senses. I said - this is another day. Although the kids woke up early, they were not acting tired. So I needed to be more positive. And believe it or not, it worked. We had a great morning - no temper tantrums. I brought my ipod speakers with us on our walk to school and we actually danced and sang the whole way there!

So remember, yesterday is behind you. Today is the day you need to focus on. If yesterday was a bad day with your kids, a day you ate horribly, said something you regret, or anything else, just remember to keep moving forward. Today is a new day to do something special.



Blog submitted by Stroller Strides Richmond.  Stroller Strides classes allow moms to get an incredible workout while their baby strolls along.  All instructors are nationally certified and have pre-/post-natal training so we help moms get into the best shape of their lives.  Your first first class is FREE!  Visit our blog.

1 comment :

  1. This is great advice. I would also say to be careful not to focus on tomorrow. Each day is such a gift that we really miss out on what is important by looking back and forward instead of beginning and focusing on every new day on the one that matters most.

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !