The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Friday, February 5, 2010

Circling Parking Lots

Ever wonder why people circle parking lots?  Particularly gym parking lots.  Have you ever wondered “why are you circling, looking for a close spot? Aren’t you here to work out?  Don’t you think those 30 extra steps will actually help you – maybe you could even consider them part of your warm up?”
It always seemed so ridiculous to me.  I remember watching that person circle the lot and I would purposely take a spot at the outer edges of the lot, smug, proving my point to myself, thinking people should not be so lazy…
And then I was at the gym just this last Sunday.  I had a few extra minutes before yoga started; not enough time to get on the treadmill to burn a few extra calories before class, and too early to go lay on my mat for a pre-yoga meditation as the other class was not out of the room yet.
With horror and giddy amusement, I realized I was circling the parking lot.  Just one more example of what being a mom has done to me!  I was one of them!  The amazing part was that I was not circling because I thought the extra steps would wipe me clean out and leave me with a negative energy store that would prevent me from doing yoga (as I had erroneously believed to be the motive for all other parking lots circlers).  I was not circling to save myself from the mild NW winter weather.  I was not circling out of laziness, not exactly.
I was breathing.  Just breathing.  Relishing the few minutes I had to myself.  No one needed me for those precious few circling moments.  No one was hungry, stinky or cranky.  No one was complaining.  There were no dirty dishes, no laundry, no vacuum cleaners or dirty toilets.  There was nothing but me and precious white noise.
I realized it was the movement that was soothing me; like a baby who instantly wails when the stroller stops, wails at every red light and then quiets down as soon as you get moving again.
I was simply taking my turn, self soothing, and not wasting a moment of my private time.
I ended up taking a prime spot at the outer edge of the parking lot, slowly walking to class, relishing those few circling moments .
STORIES OF TRIALS, TRIBULATIONS, LAUGHTER AND HYSTERIA. POOR BIG DUB, YOU GOT ME FOR A MAMA…
I’m just an average mama who’s not afraid to say all the things you know you are thinking.  Or just not smart enough to keep my mouth shut.
follow me on twitter: @midnightfeeding / email me: lisa@midnightfeedings.com


No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !