The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Friday, January 22, 2010

What Was I Thinking?

Somewhere along the way, I came to believe that being a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) would be relaxing. Where did I pick up this little tidbit of inaccurate information? I mean, I knew it would be tough to keep up with 2 kids, keep up with the household, and work part-time, but I thought since it would be on my terms, I'd be able to pencil in some "me" time. Boy, was I wrong! I've been doing better at juggling the boys and all of their needs, but the house has taken a back seat, that's for sure. But then yesterday slapped me in the face.

I had to work my one day/week, which is usually a welcome break from the SAHM routine. I woke up at 0430 and took a shower. I never thought I'd appreciate a shower as much as I do now that I don't always get a chance to take one when I want. Right as I was getting ready to leave for work at 0525, Gavin woke up crying and calling for me. I went in and got him and put him in bed with Daddy. Little did I know, he was getting sick. I went to work, only ran 2 calls, and had a great day with my friends. But then, it was time to come home. I got home at 1830, which was a blessing since I very rarely get off from work on time, only to find my poor 2 year old was sick with a head cold and a fever all day. He ate very little dinner and looked like he couldn't hold his eyes open, so Daddy gave him a bath and tried to put him to bed. Well, THAT didn't work. As it turned out, Andy slept in the spare bedroom and Gavin slept in bed with me. He was up at least every 2 hours and his crying woke up Colin. By 0900 this morning, I had 2 boys in bed with me, neither of whom were my husband, I had gotten MAYBE 2 hours of sleep total, and I was exhausted. I actually texted Andy in the other room with "Help, no sleep." He came in and got the kids, and let me sleep for 2 hours. It was very refreshing and just what I needed. I then washed the sheets and we made the bed just in time for Andy to take a nap before going into Airlink for night shift.

I put Gavin down for a nap, but that didn't happen. I gave him Tylenol, a decongestant, and laid him on the couch hoping that he'd sleep there. Unfortunately for me, the Tylenol kicked in and he got his second wind. Now, it's almost 1800 and I'm enjoying a moment of silence while Gavin watches "Cars" (again) and Colin plays on his play mat. The house is a mess and I have no idea what I'm making for dinner. Whoever thinks that SAHM's sit on their butts all day watching TV and eating bon-bons is DEAD WRONG.



Becky was once a full-time Flight Nurse with Airlink, a medical helicopter in Wilmington, NC.  She gave up her flight status to become a SAHM to her 2 young boys and now works one day per week doing critical care ground transport with Vitalink.  Becky is currently the Assistant Site Administrator of WilmingtonMommies.com.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !