The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Going Home

Tomorrow we're leaving on a trip to go home for four days. Seems like we just left yesterday, but after three months in Atlanta, our new home, the thought of home has made me realize that I oddly sometimes feel like I do not belong here. Nothing is familiar.

Oh and how I miss the Florida sunshine and ease. Things are slower there. At least in the beach towns like where we're from in New Smyrna.

Julie will never know what it's like to be raised a FL girl. Day trips to Cocoa Beach, salt water fishing in the intracoastal, grocery shopping in Winn Dixie, shuttles flying above the school yard and Disney practically in your backyard. That is my norm and I miss it.

I know tons of mothers raise their children in different cities or states from where they grew-up. Part of growing-up is experiencing new things and I feel as though everyone measures success based on how far away we reach from our nest. My own mother transplanted me to Florida from New York City when I was 2. I wonder if she ever felt like she didn't belong. Now, she'd never leave her waterside condo.

When I was 10 and growing-up Kissimmee, I swore to everyone I knew that I'd leave FL one day. I wanted more in life, nothing seemed exciting or good enough for me. I made it out and I'm happy but I also feel like sometimes the grass isn't always greener.
And tomorrow when we reach the Ormond Beach bridge. I know I'll be grinning ear to ear.

Perhaps someday Julie will some day feel the same way about Georgia.


Anne DiNapoli, AtlantaAreaMommies username FLmominGA
www.adinap.blogspot.com

2 comments :

  1. That is how I felt...I swore I was out of LA as soon as I graduated high school, wound up at LSU and once married to an LA native like myself, couldn't see leaving our friends and family.
    When we had to, it was heart breaking...I've been in NE for two years now and still don't call it home. My house, yes, but the town, no...I still see my little southern town when I envision home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Jessica! It's good to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !