The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Friday, May 22, 2009

Routines

Do routines help in your house? They sure do in mine. It is always obvious that things are getting off track when my daughter starts having more fits and attitudes and we need to buckle down on the routine. You know how it is, you start off great, then life starts to get in the way and slowly you get off track with your whole routine. The house is not being cleaned when how and when it should, the kids bed time is getting pushed around...its a vicious cycle in my house.

We have gone through a really intense past year in our family. We had some family stuff happen (I won't bore you with the details) and we ended up moving in with my grandmother to help care for her and the house. A month after that, we ended up moving my mother-in-law down here from Iowa to live with us. She was dying of cancer and there was no family around her to help take care of her where she lived. So we had a full house, and my routine went straight out the window. I was suddenly not only taking care of the house, my daughter and my husband...but now I also had my elderly gramma and my terminal mother in law to take care of. Talk about stress. I tried to keep everyone on a routine and for a couple of days it would work, and then Life would get in the way and I would get tired and well...it just would be forgotten. We were all just basically trying to survive it all. Within a few months, my mother in law had passed away and that took a load of daily stress off of us, but there was the grief and the dealing with her estate and a whole new set of stresses. Then my gramma took a turn for the worse and had to be committed to a geriatric psych ward for a month and now is moving into a group home for people with her same issues today. Finally though, we are back to just us - my husband, my daughter and myself. I am trying to get us all back into our routine and its a struggle, but I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

During this whole time though, the one constant, never changing thing was PhoenixMommies.com. My friends encouraged and supported me through some really tough times. They brought meals for 2 weeks, started before my MIL even passed. That was a huge thing to us. They let me gripe about the stress, they offered advice when they could but the biggest thing was just knowing that I had them, my girls, to turn to was huge and I will forever be grateful for that. That is what The Mommies Network is all about after all, moms supporting other moms. What a wonderful gift.

This post was written by Chrissy Thomas, Site Admin for PhoenixMommies.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !