The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Saturday, May 23, 2009

I’ll Get the Next Round

I was laughing the other day and my youngest noticed that when I smile I get “crinkles” around my eyes. This amused her to no end, and got me thinking.

I was never someone who minded the whole getting older thing. I was the one who looked forward to turning 30 because I was done with the 20s. I was the person that left the grey alone, almost proud of it. Never minded my “crinkles” either. For me it was almost like a map to my past, a way for me to remember where I had been.

And yet here I sit today, alone, waiting on my girls to come back from the weekend with their father and I realize that I now own wrinkle cream and the grey has been hidden under hair dye.

I’m wondering at what point did I decide that I needed to look younger? Why was I ok with aging while married? Maybe it was the fact that my husband had watched the process over the course of 16 years? I’m not really sure. There’s one thing that I am sure of though, you can’t stop it. You can hide some of it, but it’s happening either way.

There’s a great line from the Sex and the City movie that has been in my head for a few weeks now….it’s something like, your 20’s are for having fun, 30’s are for learning your lessons and your 40’s are for paying for the drinks.

I’m learning my lessons now. I’ve got 4 years to finish that up and then I’ll pick up the tab. ;-)


This post was written by Jess, a member of LakeNormanMommies and CharlotteMommies. You can read her blogs at www.serdinsky.org/jessblog and mindlessramblingsofagirlnamedjess.blogspot.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !