The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Friendship

I just wanted to share a story about how the friendship of women can help you through some of your darkest moments. My father had cancer. The ladies in my area group on CharlotteMommies were constantly praying for my dad and even had their children make cards for him when he was in the hospital. They were so kind and supportive during his illness. Unfortunately, he lost his battle with cancer on Jan. 21, 2006. My family was devastated.

Upon making arrangements for visitation and the funeral, several out of town family members called to ask if they could stay at my house. Of course I agreed, but with two 4 year olds at home, it wasn't in the best shape for guests. A few of the members of my AG came over that day and helped me get the house spotless. A few other moms asked if there was anything I needed and I said I hadn't had the chance to get to the store and needed something to serve my guests for breakfast the following morning. I came home from my moms house that afternoon to find grocery bags full of cereal, bagels, muffins, coffee, tea, and a refrigerator full of milk, juice, and bottled water. Then the next day, my sister and I were trying to make sure that we were covered for a meal after the funeral due to all the out of town guests and a call went out again to the mommies. They responded with sandwiches, cookies, cakes, veggie trays, and enough food for our entire extended family.

A few days later when I finally had the energy to login to thank them all, I found a post where a new mom who was being storked had asked that the remainder of her meals be delivered to my house so that I would not have to bother cooking for a while. I broke down in tears immediately. There are no words to describe how these women, some of whom I had never met before, came together and helped me and my family make it through one of the worst times of our lives. I will never forget their kindness, their generosity, and their friendship.

These are the women you will find throughout the Mommies Network and they are the reason I volunteer my time to this amazing organization.


This post was written by Chelle, a member of The Mommies Network Operating Board.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !