The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Not So Alone

There I sat at home, alone, and seven months pregnant. About two weeks into my new role as "home maker". I didn't feel I was very good at it - at seven months pregnant folding a blanket seemed to wear me out. But at least it was one of my life long dreams: I didn't have to go to work! Right?

Wrong. At first, it was great. Sleep in, eat when I felt like it, not have to worry about how long I spent in the bathroom. I could do anything and everything I wanted to and I did. But after only two weeks of do whatever I wanted, when ever I wanted, I didn't know what to do. Suddenly the reality of being a "home maker" set it. I spent a lot of time at home, alone.

I had no coworkers. My friends and husband were at work. My family lives 6 hours away - and pregnancy doesn't really make one want to get up and go. I felt like I was going nuts. But what could I do? How do you meet other people that stay at home all day? They're at home!

A friend of mine (a guy actually) suggested finding a group online. I laughed at first thinking that no one really does that. I was thinking about something like Myspace for mommies and how silly it seemed. But I got to thinking and guess where I met my husband. Yeah. Myspace. Albeit we were acquaintances, but being friends on Myspace got the ball rolling so to speak. So I started looking around online. That's when I found TMN and AtlantaAreaMommies.

I still thought it was strange, but I filled out my application and was soon posting in the forums. I have to say, it was better than Myspace for sure! I suddenly found myself among hundreds of other women going through the same thing and women that had survived it! I was getting advice and support and sympathy! It was awesome.

Even now that I've had my daughter I have a place to ask questions and get advice. I have a place to share funny stories, pictures, milestones, and even the horrors of a constipated baby. I have a place to go to, even from home, and it make me feel not so alone.

This post was written by Kelsey, a member of AtlantaAreaMommies.com. You can view her blog at http://whenlifegivesyoupotatoes.blogspot.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !