The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Friday, February 20, 2009

More like family

I found BeckleyMommies just when I needed it. Like a lot of people, after becoming a parent and then a wife, friends drifted. We had different lives and different interests. I really missed that connection though. Having someone to talk to about the everyday things. One day while I was at the library looking for a few good reads, I happened upon a flier tacked to the cork bulletin board. It was the pull tab flier, so I grabbed one, trying to carefully tear it off before heading out the door and stuffing it in my pocket for later when I had some time to check it out.

That night, I pulled out the tiny scrap of paper and typed in the web address. I didn't know what I would find there, but I really wanted to check it out. Little did I know that I would find a whole new 'family' there. I registered and waited for my membership to be approved. I should mention that I have little patience and kept checking and checking my email. I couldn't tell you how many times I kept hitting that 'send/receive' button. Finally, the approval email arrived and I couldn't type the URL in fast enough. I logged in and found a nice welcome pm and a thread started on the board just to welcome me. I remember thinking how nice it was to feel welcome as soon as I joined.

It didn't take that long for me to just jump right in. What can I say? I talk a lot. I was so happy to find a community of other mom's who understood what I was going through. From the teenage temper tantrums to the everyday issues. I attended my first event not long after joining. A Meet and Greet. While I was nervous, I soon got over that as a few were very friendly.

I soon volunteered my time as the Events Manager. It was something I thought I could really help with because I have a background in event, party and wedding planning. It opened doors to so many things and so many new people. Not only was I meeting moms, but my family was meeting other families as well.

Now I am the Site Admin for this wonderful site, and I put a lot of work and dedication into it. I believe in it. I believe in its concept, in the ability to bring strangers together and turn them into friends. I have made so many and they have become like family to me. I can only hope that I am doing for everyone else, what was done for me.

This post was written by Tracey, a member of BeckleyMommies.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !