The Mommies Network Introduction

Our Mission is to provide a safe, secure, FREE place for mothers to find support and encouragement from other mothers and to empower them to be better women, parents and community leaders
The Mommies Network is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find support and friendship in their local community. We were founded April, 2002 and currently have 119 communities in 33 states, with over 30,000 active members nationwide.

Find out more here : www.themommiesnetwork.org ~~Follow us on all the social networks Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram LinkedIn Google+
If you're interested in a guest blog, sponsorships or working with us please email blogs@themommiesnetwork.org for information.
Please Note: Posts on this site may contain sponsor, affiliate, and/or referral links. Read our full disclosure statement

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mommy is not an octopus!

I am constantly telling my children this same phrase "No, mommy is not an octopus with 8 arms"...

.....or is she? I seem to have more than 8 hats that I wear on a weekly basis. From full time ER nurse, Injury Prevention educator, wife, mother, daughter, lover, chief butt wiper, maid, plumber, taxi driver, homeschool teacher, and the list just goes on.... When does mommy have time for me? That list of hats is more that just 8, so maybe I am an octopus with 8 arms or am I the typical mom that is floating around out there in the big ocean.

I joined CentralFoothillsMommies.com and just lurked for a long time, slowly posting more and more as I got to know some of the other mom's on the site. It took me a long time to actually go to an event. That was a year and a half ago, today I am a moderator of 2 forums: MOTC (Moms on the Clock) and Homeschool, in addition to being the Co-Promotions Manager of our little mommy community. I travel all over cyberspace from Facebook---to Cafemom--to Twitter and all corners in between promoting our site and searching for new members. My van and purse are full of CFM fliers and lists of ideas I jot down as I travel back and forth to work and homeschooling/church events with my 3 kids. I am always on the hunt for that perfect spot to leave fliers or the right time to hand one to another mom in the store. The best part of all is that I have developed friendships that will last until we are old and grey and need an extra forum just for "Grandmommies".

Some days I feel overwhelmed by the day by day pressures that come from being an "Octopus Mommy", but I always know that I can log in and laugh or cry with my fellow moms that are in the same great big ocean of choppy waves with me. My greatest pleasures come from just interjecting my thoughts and weird humor and knowing that another mother is smiling as she reads my posts.

This post written by Leslie Block, a member of CentralFoothillsMommies. Visit her blog at www.chipsofftheoldblock.blogspot.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you enjoy our posts,please leave some comment love! The Mommies Network is on Twitter (@MommiesNetwork),Facebook pages, Google+, Pinterest and many more!. Consider learning more about us via our website www.themommiesnetwork.org !